Marble countertops have long been a popular choice for homeowners looking to add a touch of luxury to their kitchens and bathrooms. Their immense cost-benefit extends beyond durability, ranging from custom textures and rare colors to appease any taste. That said, with the introduction of blue marble countertops, homeowners now have a unique and modern alternative to traditional marble to choose from.
In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of blue marble countertops compared to other types of marble, including their variations in white, dark, and green.
The beauty of blue marble countertops
Blue marble is stunning – almost ground-breaking when you really think about it. We don’t see blue stones very often, especially inside our homes, so they do draw attention when installed in the wrong place. However, that doesn’t mean your kitchen island or bathroom vanity can’t be improved by them – in fact, blue pairs up well with the neutral and plain tones that most American houses share, such as white cabinets and flooring.
Check out some benefits of blue marble below:
- Unique Appearance: Blue marble countertops have a striking and unique look that sets them apart from traditional marble. The beautiful blue veins running through the marble make it a visually stunning choice for countertops, especially in beachy areas that look to bring the sea freshness inside.
- Durability: Blue marble countertops are highly durable and resistant to scratches and other types of damage. Like their conventional counterparts, they are also heat-resistant, making them an ideal choice for kitchen countertops.
- Versatility: Blue marble countertops can be used in a variety of applications aside from kitchen countertops – including bathroom vanities and backsplashes, completing the overall aesthetic of your home. They are a versatile choice that can complement a wide range of interior design styles.
Read as well: Marble Countertop Paint: Is It Worth It?
The downsides of blue marble countertops
Not all is good news, unfortunately. Just like green marble countertops, blue is a peculiar palette that, depending on how you look at it, has some technical and creative drawbacks. Let’s discuss some of those:
- Cost: Blue marble countertops can be more expensive than traditional marble countertops, with prices ranging from $60 to $200. This is because the process of extracting and processing blue marble is more complex and time-consuming than ordinary marble, requiring special workmanship and effort.
- Maintenance: Marble, in general, requires regular maintenance to keep its surface looking its best, and the best way to do this is by selecting specific cleaners to apply. Furthermore, they must be sealed regularly to prevent staining and damage. Read all about sealing here.
- Availability: Blue marble is a rare and unique stone, which means that it may not be readily available in all areas. This can make it more difficult to find and may increase the cost of installation, as well as transportation, narrowing down your creative possibilities.
Further tips and suggestions
Before making any permanent decisions about a marble stone, it’s always a great idea to consult professionals near you. That way, you can get the best deals from providers in your town and also get to know all the instructions to take care of your countertop in the long run.
And speaking of caring for your product, make sure to establish a weekly cleaning routine. Regardless of sealing it, any natural stone – including marble – can last for centuries as long as it receives proper care and attention.
In the end, blue marble countertops are a beautiful and unique alternative to traditional marble countertops. While they may be more expensive and require more maintenance, they offer a striking appearance and greater durability. Ultimately, the choice between traditional and blue marble countertops will depend on your personal preference, and budget, as well as the specific needs of your home.
Inspiring project ideas for you
Check out some great ideas with blue marble slabs below:
Contact Eagle Stones for top-quality blue marble countertops!
If you’re still having a hard time trying to decide what kind of marble you’d like, you can always look for a specialist’s opinion! Experts already know what each type of stone is suitable for and what they could bring to your home aesthetics, so their opinion can be very valuable. Here at Eagle Stones, we specialize in stone countertops – particularly marble, which we offer across an expensive catalog you can see in person.
Just fill out our form and we will send you a specialist to give you a hand and a free estimate! We also deal with many other kinds of stone, such as quartz and granite, so we can help you pick the best fit for your home.