Granite countertops are popular for many, many reasons, especially when we’re talking about kitchens and bathrooms. In the end, both of these places will require some kind of balcony, and the chosen stone really comes down to personal preferences. Needless to say, granite is a top-notch material for many American homeowners, and its pool of colors is one of the leading factors. So how do you find out the best colors for your granite countertop?
Well, that’s a tricky question when there are so many to pick from. Don’t you worry, though – we’ve set apart some famous styles that are sure to fit your home aesthetics, or at least one of the general themes you’re aiming for.
Keep reading to get some ideas on the best colors for granite countertops. Or, in case you already have your stone in mind, click here to check out our online catalog.
Why granite of all stones?
First of all, granite is beautiful. Aside from the aforementioned color pallet, this fancy stone has several attractive characteristics that include:
- excellent cost-benefit for a long-term investment
- durable and resistant surface against residue and scratches
- unique craftsmanship through customizable edges
- exotic tones and spots
- easy maintenance under the right care
In short, even though marble and quartz are equally common on the market, granite can easily be installed anywhere without looking too out of place. Click here to read our full detailed article on granite countertops – with everything you need to know.
The perfect colors for granite countertops
With that said, let’s get right into it. We’ve listed below 9 thematic colors for granite countertops that stick out among the others. These are trendy and timeless choices that you can find at Eagle Stones!
Neutral tones are go-to selections for many households. Not too flashy nor too dark, you will never get tired of this style. It matches most cabinets and general furniture without getting in the way of a family-friendly energy. The purest form of granite.
- Sunset Canyon: featuring opaque shades of brown, taupe and cream, this one is perfect for any kind of cabinetry and wood planks. It brings enough warmth to even raise your home’s resale value in the future.
- Makalu Bay: beige, brown and golden hues are key to visual affection. This stone provides a subtle pattern for different types of decor and fits pretty much every aesthetic.
- Almond Gold Granite: with amber hues accented by nut-brown drops here and there, it blends perfectly with traditional interiors due to its glow – which provides a chunk effect instead of the ordinary veins and waves that we are used to.
Lighter colors embody elegance and refinement. For lovers of clean ambiances, white is probably your best friend – and these tones follow the same logic. They offer flecks, markings, glossiness and a polished feel that serves as perfect kitchen finish, especially matte surfaces.
- White Ice: a gorgeous, smooth granite that goes along with all shades of metal and wood. The slight accent of pale gray and black is the cherry on the top.
- Alpine White: offers a dramatic veining that simulates movement upon light reflection. A combination of gray, coffee-brown and snowy white.
- Alaska White: this type of icy stone has some Onyx dispersed through its composition and has a very dramatic look. These uneven patches vary in shape and size, giving white, blue, black and gray cabinets a unique partner.
If you’re looking for a more contemporary vibe, darker colorations are a must. In contrast to white cabinets and metallic paraphernalia, black granite emanates a mysterious, yet natural look that’s hard to beat. Fresh, executive, and very pretty.
- Azul Celeste: shades of silvery gray are something else – combine them with stainless steel appliances and the room becomes wonderful. This granite appeals to a mixture of pale blue and charcoal to enhance its brightness.
- Black Galaxy: a newer model that counts with bronzite deposits, as well as gold and copper flecks that swirl along its surface. It shines beautifully under casual lighting and is also used for staircases and flooring.
- Coffee Brown: it carries the same color pallet as ground coffee beans, which are naturally calming and alluring to the eye. It is an alternative option for warmth and cozy environments without the use of neutrality. Due to its focussed and consistent patterns, it matches cream cabinets above all.
Choose Eagle Stones for unlimited supply and installation!
Eagle Stones has been serving the city of Sarasota and surrounding counties for decades now. Our specialists will help you choose the perfect fit, supply it to your home and provide the best installation services in town. Fill out this form to get in touch with us or click here to check the full catalog available to you!